HOLY MASS CELEBRATED BY BISHOP HANCHON AT 7:00 PM
Almost 70 of our parishioners, mostly young people, will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Confirmation.
The Sacrament of Confirmation is conferred through the anointing with chrism on the forehead which is done by the laying on of the hand, and through the words Be sealed with the Gift of the Holy Spirit.
Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- – it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry “Abba! Father”
- – it unites us more firmly to Christ
- – it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us
- – it renders our bond with the Church more perfect
- – it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly and never be ashamed of the Cross (CCC 1303)
Recall then that you have re lived the spiritual meal, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of right judgment and courage, the spirit of knowledge and reverence the spirit of holy fear in God’s presence. Guard what you have received. God the Father has marked you with his sign; Christ the Lord has confirmed you and has placed his pledge, the Spirit, in your hearts.St. Ambrose
Please, join in prayer for all those to be confirmed, that the Holy Spirit permeates and reshapes their lives, making them into true disciples of Jesus.