CSA – 2020

Dear Parishioners:  The unprecedented situation of 2020 has brought many challenges to our Parish. It has forced us to put out into deep waters and undergo harsh tests. Many external support systems have been lost, but hopefully our faith has come through more genuine and stronger than before.

Now is the time to stand up and continue living our faith within our families, parishes, and in  society at large. There are many ways in which each of us can be involved in the mission of the Church, through active participation in the various ministries in our Parish.    Moreover, many ministries, services, and programs are coordinated on the diocesan level. These benefit not only all Catholics, but they also allow all people to hear the good news and be touched by God’s love.

As with every year, our shepherd, Archbishop Vigneron, is asking the faithful of the Archdiocese of Detroit to support the Catholic Services Appeal for 2020. The many programs and ministries (priestly formation, evangelization, Catholic schools, family, pro-life…) benefit thousands in Southeast Michigan. These are substantial components of the mission of our Church and they are everyone’s responsibility.

The goal set for our Parish this year is $156,616 (compared to $192,200 in 2019). This goal reflects the overall trend of our offertory  income over the past three years, plus an adjustment of -15% due to the pandemic situation and economic hardship.

From the financial perspective, every donation to the Parish is taxed at a 7% rate by the Archdiocese of Detroit, and only the remaining 93% can be used by the Parish. The CSA collection, however, offers us a unique opportunity to make our financial contributions count 100% entirely for use by the Parish. Moreover, once we reach the mandatory goal, any overage is credited to the Parish at the same 100% rate.

We have been blessed with many generous parishioners in the past and our Parish was able to reach the CSA goal last year. Given the current economic and financial situation, many people will have less flexibility to donate as in the past, and they therefore deserve more gratitude for their generosity. Please, prayerfully consider supporting the 2020 CSA and make your gift count for our Parish. If you are unable to contribute, please, continue praying for the mission of the Church, of which we are all a part.  

Fr. Libor Marek

To contribute to the CSA: https://www.givecsa.org/

Počas roku 2020, keď sa zrútili mnohé vonkajšie opory, naša viera prešla testom a snáď z neho vyšla pevnejšia a čistejšia. Teraz je čas vieru znova žiť v našich rodinách, farnostiach a vo verejnom živote. Naša farnosť ponúka mnohé možnosti zapojiť sa do poslania Cirkvi – nežiť pre seba, ale pre druhých a tak šíriť Božie kráľovstvo. Mnohé programy a aktivity nie je možné konať na farskej, ale na diecéznej úrovni. Profitujú z nich nielen katolíci, ale všetci ľudia môžu zakúsiť dotyk Božej lásky.

Tak ako každý rok, náš pastier, arcibiskup Vigneron žiada všetkých veriacich diecézy o podporu zbierky CSA (Catholic Services Appeal). Vďaka nej sa financujú mnohé programy (formácia a vzdelávanie kňazov, evanjelizácia, katolícke školy, podpora rodín a manželstiev, pro-life…), ktoré slúžia mnohým ľuďom v Michigane. Sú to podstatné prvky poslania Cirkvi a my všetci sme za ne zodpovední.

Tento rok máme dosiahnuť cieľ vo výške $156,616 (v roku 2019 to bolo $192,200). Tento cieľ reflektuje trend našich farských financií za posledné 3 roky a zároveň je znížený o -15% vzhľadom na pandémiu a ekonomickú situáciu.

Z finančného hľadiska, každý príspevok pre farnosť je zdanený 7% pre Diecézu a iba zvyšných 93% môže byť použitých pre farnosť. CSA zbierka nám ponúka jedinečnú možnosť započítať 100% vášho príspevku v prospech farnosti. Okrem toho, keď dosiahneme náš povinný cieľ, všetko ostatné sa vráti do farnosti vo výške 100%.

Už v minulosti sme mali mnoho štedrých ľudí a vďaka nim sme v roku 2019 náš cieľ dosiahli. Vzhľadom na tohoročnú finančnú a ekonomickú situáciu budú mnohí ľudia mať menej možností prispieť. O to viac si zaslúžia vďačnosť. Ak vám to je možné, prosím, prispejte do tejto zbierky. Váš dar sa počíta v prospech našej farnosti. Ak nemôžete prispieť, prosím, modlite sa za Cirkev a všetkých jej členov, aby vždy ostala verná svojmu poslaniu. 

Fr. Libor Marek

To contribute to the CSA: https://www.givecsa.org/