One in the Body of Christ
Welcome to SS. Cyril and Methodius, Roman Catholic Parish
We are grateful to God and all people who have been building this Parish since 1918 as a place, where Slovak Catholics could keep their faith and traditions, and preserve their identity, while being incorporated into the American society.
We are an open community, where all faithful people can find their spiritual home, deepen their understanding of the teaching of the Church, and put it into practice.
We strive to build people by facilitating their connection with Christ and among each other. We offer adherence to the Magisterium and encourage life according to the gospel. We desire to remain a center for Slovaks in the Detroit area.
Stay up to date on what’s important at St. Cyrils
SUNDAY HOLY MASS LIVESTREAM
Mass begins at 10 am - click below:
Updated April 1
Due to the Coronavirus COVID-19, all public Holy Masses are temporarily suspended beginning Saturday, March 14, until further noticed. Eucharistic adoration and confessions are suspended as well.
In the meantime, the Church is closed! The Chapel is open daily for private prayer from 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM.
Please, be prudent and take precautions not to spread viruses, while in the chapel:
- Only 5 PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED in the chapel at one time.
- Please SPREAD OUT TO PRAY in the chapel and DO NOT GATHER TOGETHER.
- Use FACEMASK, or COVER YOUR MOUTH with a scarf.
- IF YOU FEEL SICK, stay home.
- IF YOUR CHILDREN ARE SICK, keep them at home.
- IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAS TESTED POSITIVE for the coronavirus, keep the entire household at home.
- IF YOU ARE AN OLDER PERSON, stay home and away from other people.
- IF YOU ARE A PERSON WITH A SERIOUS UNDERLYING HEALTH CONDITION that can put you at increased risk, stay at home and away from other people.
To combat the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan, Governor Whitmer signed the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order: Read here.
The letter from Archbishop Vigneron Regarding COVID-19 - Archdiocese of Detroit: Read here
Fr. Libor and Fr. Juraj will privately celebrate daily Masses and include all scheduled Mass intentions of the day, as well as pray for the whole parish and community. Please, unite yourselves with the whole parish community in prayer.
The Parish Office is closed for regular business. If you are in need of assistance from the Parish Office during this time, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in immediate danger of death and need confession, anointing of the sick, and viaticum, please email: email@example.com.
Please, check for updates of this website regularly.
Get more information:
- Parish Announcements
- Parish Bulletins
- A reflection on the daily readings can be found here.
- Resources during pandemic: Prayers & Spiritual Closeness
- A link to the scheduled TV Holy Masses can be found here.
- If you would like to include yourself and/or your loved ones in our Easter Novena, we will fill out and mail your card(s) for you! Read more.
Blessed Virgin Mary, patron of the United States - pray for us!
Aktualizované 28. marca
Na základe rozhodnutia vládnych autorít Spojených štátov platia mimoriadne opatrenia, ktoré súvisia so šírením koronavírusu. V súvislosti s týmito opatreniami detroitský arcibiskup vydal nariadenie o zákaze slúženia svätých omší pre verejnosť na území Detroitskej arcidiecézy od 14. marca až do odvolania. Spolu s liturgiou sú zrušené všetky podujatia vo farnosti vrátane eucharistickej adorácie a spovedania.
Farský kostol je zatvorený! Adoračná kaplnka je otvorená pre súkromnú modlitbu denne od 12:00 - 22:00 hodiny.
Farský úrad je zatvorený. V prípade potreby pošlite email na firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ak je niekto v bezprostrednom nebezpečenstve smrti a potrebuje prijať sviatosti zmierenia, pomazania chorých a viatikum či v prípade akýchkoľvek otázok, obráťte sa na nás prostredníctvom emailu: email@example.com.
Pravidelne sledujte aktualizácie na webovej stránke farnosti. Ďaľšie informácie v slovenskom jazyku nájdete v sekcii PO SLOVENSKY
Preblahoslavená Panna Mária, naša patrónka - oroduj za nás!
All events are canceled until further noticed.
Good Friday is the day of the crucifixion and death of Jesus. Jesus is first arrested, interrogated in front of the Sanhedrin, handed over to Pilat, ridiculed and condemned to death, led to Golgotha and crucified. …