One in the Body of Christ
Welcome to SS. Cyril and Methodius, Roman Catholic Parish
We are grateful to God and all people who have been building this Parish since 1918 as a place, where Slovak Catholics could keep their faith and traditions, and preserve their identity, while being incorporated into the American society.
We are an open community, where all faithful people can find their spiritual home, deepen their understanding of the teaching of the Church, and put it into practice.
We strive to build people by facilitating their connection with Christ and among each other. We offer adherence to the Magisterium and encourage life according to the gospel. We desire to remain a center for Slovaks in the Detroit area.
Stay up to date on what’s important at St. Cyrils
SUNDAY HOLY MASS LIVESTREAM
Mass begins at 7:30 am - click below:
Last changed - August 8
- Detailed information is available in the webpage section DISCOVER - ANNOUNCEMENTS.
- Mass Schedule is in the webpage section DISCOVER - LITURGY - MASS TIMES.
- Registration for Indoor & Outdoor Weekend Holy Masses will no longer be required.
- There will be a 9 AM Indoor Holy Mass every Saturday beginning, August 15th.
- Confessions are available on a regular basis. Reservation required. Please, go to menu DISCOVER - LITURGY - CONFESSION RESERVATION for all information.
- For Parish Office Opening Hours go to menu DISCOVER - PARISH - PARISH OFFICE
Outdoor Public Rosary for our Election/Country 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Holy Mass 9:00 am - 10:00 amIndoors
Chapel Open 1:00 pm - 10:00 pmOnly 5 people allowed at one time Please wear a mask or scarf over mouth
Vigil Mass - Outdoors 5:30 pm - 6:30 pmPlease bring folding chair and hand sanitizer
The feast of the Assumption of Mary into heaven is the most significant of the Marian feast days.
- The first reading from the Book of Revelation describes the vision of John about the fight between the dragon
Bartholomew is listed among the apostles in the New Testament. Some believe, he is identical with Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, mentioned in John’s gospel (John 1:45-49; 21:2).
Otherwise, very little is known about his life. According to …
2018 marked 100 years of the existence of our Parish. Expressing gratitude to God and remembering our Slovak heritage, a traditional wooden carved commemoration cross was designed and built on the parish grounds. We desire that it will remain a …