Participates in Vigil services, funeral Holy Masses, etc., to assist those who have had a death in their family and also organizes annual parish Memorial Service.
- Meeting Time: Announced through parish bulletin and from the pulpit
- Contact: Parish Office, (586) 726-6911
Communion for the Homebound
If you or a loved one is unable to attend the Holy Mass and need Holy Communion brought to your home or to the hospital, please:
- Contact the Legion of Mary, Mary Shiner, (248) 879-9776
Friends of the Abbey
Reaches out to establish relationships and develop friendships with our lonely brothers and sisters in the Abbey Nursing Home in Warren (12 Mile between Hoover & Schoenherr).
- Meeting Time: 4th Wednesday of every month at 7:00 pm at the Abbey Nursing Home.
- Contact: Gina Smak, (586) 431- 2585
Friends of the Congo
The group is a Mission of Prayer Ministry while raising awareness and encouraging sacrifice and almsgiving for the donations of Medical Equipment and other assistance in building a Clinic for the people who are suffering in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- Contact: Deacon Joe Hulway
Hands of Mercy
The group’s aim is to offer simple concrete forms of support to parishioners in a time of need, whether they have just welcomed a baby, are grieving the loss of a loved one, have a family member hospitalized or deployed.
- Members will begin by providing meals for those in these situations.
Quilt for the Needy
No previous sewing skills are required to join this friendly group that makes simple quilts to send to the needy both locally and internationally.
- Meetings are held the 4th Saturday of each month after the 9:00 am Holy Mass in the Activity Center.
- Contact: Kay Cameron, (586) 752-7991
Learn how to make handmade knotted cord or plastic bead rosaries. Rosaries are prepared for missions or personal use. Please call if rosaries are needed.
- Meeting Time: 1st & 3rd Friday from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm in Room 112
- Contact: Jo Ann Traczynski, (586) 979-1078 or Helen Staels, (586) 469-3181
Offers a good time for anyone over 55. Begins with the 9:00 am Holy Mass, followed by the Rosary. Continues with coffee and cake, cards and games.
SOS! Senior Club needs young seniors!
If you are 55 or older, consider joining this fun-loving group that meets twice a month for the 9 am mass, rosary, cards, games, and refreshments. This is an important social event for the parish’s “super seniors”, but they are in need of “younger seniors” to join them to keep this ministry going. Call the parish office.